Massage therapy is used for a wide variety of reasons. These include stress reduction, pain relief, rehabilitating sports injuries, relaxation, addressing depression and anxiety, and aiding wellness in general. Although massage affects the whole body, it particularly influences the activity of the musculoskeletal, circulatory, lymphatic, and nervous systems.
The use of massage for healing purposes dates back 4,000 years in Chinese medical literature and there are now nearly 100 different massage and bodywork techniques in practice today. Each technique is uniquely designed to achieve a specific goal:
Before your massage session, you’ll be invited to undress to your preferred level of comfort while leaving your underwear on. We’ll provide towels to ensure your privacy, and once you’re settled on the massage table, our skilled therapists will return to begin the session.
1. Arrive on Time: Please arrive for your massage appointment on time. Arriving a few minutes early allows you to relax and fill out any necessary forms if required.
2. Hydration: It’s a good idea to drink some water before your session to stay hydrated. However, avoid heavy meals right before your massage, as this may make you feel uncomfortable during the session.
3. Communicate Your Needs: Prior to the massage, communicate any specific concerns or areas you’d like the therapist to focus on. Whether it’s muscle tension, pain, or any other preferences, our therapists are here to tailor the session to your needs.
4. Personal Hygiene and Muscle Relaxation: We kindly request that you maintain good personal hygiene out of respect for both you and your therapist. Taking a warm shower before your appointment not only ensures cleanliness but can also help relax your muscles, making it easier for the therapist to work on any tension or discomfort you may have during the session. It’s a simple step that can enhance your overall massage experience.
5. Remove Jewelry: Before your massage, it’s advisable to remove any jewelry or accessories to ensure a comfortable and safe experience.
6. Relaxation Time: Take a few moments to relax in our waiting area, and your therapist will come to escort you to the treatment room when it’s time for your massage.
By following these simple steps, you can maximize the benefits of your massage therapy session and ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience.
Private and Relaxing: Enjoy your massage in a private, serene room designed for relaxation.
Skilled Therapist: A certified massage therapist will expertly manipulate your soft tissues using tailored techniques and pressure.
Customized Experience: Your therapist adapts the massage based on your preferences and chosen massage type.
Open Communication: Feel free to communicate with your therapist about pressure or discomfort.
Relax and Breathe: Deep, slow breaths enhance the effectiveness of the massage.
Privacy Assured: You’ll be draped for privacy, with only the treated area uncovered.
Enjoy the Experience: Focus on relaxation and well-being to fully benefit from the soothing and therapeutic massage.
1. Take Your Time: After your massage, take a moment to slowly get up from the massage table. Give your body a chance to readjust to an upright position, especially if you feel a bit lightheaded or relaxed.
2. Hydration: It’s a good idea to drink some water after your massage. Hydration helps flush out any toxins released during the massage and can prevent dehydration.
3. Rest and Relax: Plan to take it easy for the rest of the day if possible. Avoid strenuous activities, heavy lifting, or intense workouts immediately after your massage to allow your body to fully benefit from the relaxation.
4. Self-Care: Consider continuing the relaxation at home. Take a warm bath, practice deep breathing exercises, or engage in other self-care activities to extend the benefits of your massage.
5. Notice How You Feel: Pay attention to how your body feels post-massage. You may experience increased flexibility, reduced tension, or improved mobility. These effects can vary from person to person.
6. Follow-Up: If you have any questions or concerns about your massage experience or if you’d like to schedule another session, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team. We’re here to support your wellness journey.
7. Enjoy the Benefits: The positive effects of your massage can continue for hours or even days after the session. Embrace the sense of well-being and relaxation that comes with it.
By following these steps and giving your body the care it needs post-massage, you can enhance the overall benefits and maintain that relaxed feeling as long as possible.
Deep tissue massage is a massage technique that’s mainly used to treat
musculoskeletal issues, such as strains and injuries. It involves applying sustained pressure using slow, deep strokes to target the inner layers of your muscles and connective tissues. This helps to break up scar tissue that forms following an injury and reduce tension in muscle and tissue. It may also promote faster healing by increasing blood flow and reducing inflammation.
Sports massage is often used on professional athletes and other active individuals, sports massage can enhance performance and prevent and treat sports-related injuries. It has similar elements to Deep Tissue Massage.
Relaxation massage is a form of massage therapy that focuses on providing general relaxation, relieving muscle tension and improving blood circulation.
Its primary goal is to assist the client in taking quality time to recover from the stresses of everyday life. When you want to receive a relaxation massage involves long, smooth, gliding strokes that are both rhythmic and flowing, and pressure that is deeply relaxing, but not painful.
TRIAL OUR SERVICES WITH UP TO 6 INDIVIDUAL SESSIONS WITHIN 14 DAYS (ONLY $198)